Lisa Renn has been engaging audiences for the past 10 years as a speaker. Her down to earth style and “let’s make this easy and really get stuff done” attitude make her content entertaining and educational. She’s obsessed with helping people to learn and change unhelpful behaviours to create healthy lifestyles and growth mindsets. She uses her knowledge and presentations to assist audience members to improve health, create healthy and happy relationships with food and to understand the things that get in the way of doing this.
How to ‘Diet proof your Kids’.
- Learn how to support your children in an environment where appearance is everything and anxiety is on the rise.
- Understand the unhelpful things parents inadvertently do that can create poor body image and unhealthy relationships with food.
- Building positive body image and healthy eaters
Healthy Bodies. Work Better – Reinforce healthy eating and self-care principles for teacher health and wellbeing.
Healthy eating is clearly linked with mental and physical health. With increased teacher stress and expectations, it’s vital to ensure your most important assets are looking after themselves. The content reinforces the nutrition component of the student program and will provide clear and individualised strategies to improve teacher health.
Creating Courageous Kids – Discusses the concept of educator vulnerability in the class room, to enhance learning and decrease anxiety in kids, while still maintaining teacher credibility.
Possibly an under-utilized concept in the classroom, vulnerability can assist kids to develop a growth mindset and less resistance to trying and failing, creating more fearless learning and decreasing anxiety around failure.
For VCE Students
Maximising Health and Performance in VCE students – healthy eating and healthy habits have been linked to enhanced educational outcomes. With the competing demands of school, social life and increased independence this session provides down to earth, evidence-based nutrition and physical activity recommendations and provides the opportunity for students to ask questions and clarify complex nutrition topics.
This presentation can be great for the beginning of the year of as part of a VCE or Year 12 kick-off, or prior to study / exam period.
For Corporate or Community Groups
Presentations can be tailored to the needs of your group and can include any, or all, of the following topics:
- What is healthy eating these days?
- Making sense of food labels
- How do I get motivated and stay motivated?
- Getting control of unhealthy habits
- Meal planning and portion sizes
- Why can’t I stick to a diet?
- Putting together a plan for a healthy lifestyle
- Eating with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Eating well with and managing Diabetes (Type 1 or Type 2)
- If you have other topic requests, please contact Lisa
National Coach- Bowls Australia
“What can I say except ‘You nailed it again’!
You are truly an expert and once again I was blown away with your amazing knowledge of all things nutrition.”
The group also loved it and you have certainly inspired them to eat smarter, in a common sense and realistic manner. Thank you!”